Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Analysis...

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dibrom View Post
    Here is my rankings..... I used stats ONLY for my rankings.
    Quote Originally Posted by dibrom View Post
    I dont care that you are butt hurt by MY OPINION or if you take it seriously....
    Stating that you used stats only and then talking about how your opinion was determined by looking at stats and then forming an opinion is a little bit of a disconnect. I prefer if people want to say they used stats to actually show us the stats rankings that they used. But then again I like actual numbers.

  2. #12
    Guardsman
    Join Date
    07.10.2016
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkit View Post
    Stating that you used stats only and then talking about how your opinion was determined by looking at stats and then forming an opinion is a little bit of a disconnect. I prefer if people want to say they used stats to actually show us the stats rankings that they used. But then again I like actual numbers.
    Understood but I could show you (anyone) statistics that prove 100% in my opinion that a certain alliance is by far the best and your opinion could still be different because.... you know them, you dont know them, you lost a fight or won a fight vs them, you are very arrogant and cant allow someone to be better then you, you have no clue so just wont accept it etc....

    So I used the stats I mentioned earlier and in my opinion that is the order I see. The main pattern was the top players are fairly clear atm and most of them are in the same few alliances. This may change after artis but it usually doesnt. I do get what jotheold says too I just dont agree with not counting the knows metas.

  3. #13
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    03.03.2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dibrom View Post
    Understood but I could show you (anyone) statistics that prove 100% in my opinion that a certain alliance is by far the best and your opinion could still be different because.... you know them, you dont know them, you lost a fight or won a fight vs them, you are very arrogant and cant allow someone to be better then you, you have no clue so just wont accept it etc....

    So I used the stats I mentioned earlier and in my opinion that is the order I see. The main pattern was the top players are fairly clear atm and most of them are in the same few alliances. This may change after artis but it usually doesnt. I do get what jotheold says too I just dont agree with not counting the knows metas.

    Metas matter 100%

    But it's too early to be sure that every meta will stay together

  4. #14
    Guardsman
    Join Date
    31.12.2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    114

    Default

    I feel like this is one of the more important threads, yet people dont seem to grasping it. So lets leave the hate and move on to actual discussions and opinions of the past, present, and possible future state of the server.
    This is my analysis of of all allies/players/leaks etc

    Group 1 of all Metas

    1) Hodor all wings - Just a small handful of good players in a META so big that they consist of over 425 players (Including istanbul, SEA, WW and all their wings) Which is kind of sad to see. Just quantity of players means nothing. Multiple spies of each ally already secured in Hodor. The few players left from rebels X seem to be the only ones doing well as well as a few others who are very possible to be spies. Cross quad players have been taken into the ally. Shows there is no real experienced leadership, and clearly their only troubling aspect is their huge quantity of players. But i doubt it will be put to any good use.

    2) Istanbul all wings: Once again just a small handful of skilled players. However this ally is one of the most aggressive ones ive seen on servers. They do not sim up croppers and then sim hammers, or play passively, waiting for right moment to strike (Not saying either way is wrong :P). They constantly hit their neighbors and honestly speaking must surely have been a pain in DD-Ph's plan for the server. An ally which tends to create unnecessary chaos is always tough to handle, no matter how good they are. However this kind of thinking may result in initial chaos but sorrow later, all DD-Ph needs to do is one Op on the players which matter in Istanbul and their entire ally collapses.

    3) SE CA, SEA, WW: Lastly another 3 allies which are just full of players and minimum quality. Max amount of half decent players from these 3 allies is probably 5.

    Summary of group : A lot of activity from this group is nice to see. However, so many players, and so many being not useful out of those will never be the answer to winning the server as Istanbul keeps mentioning. It will turn into chaos for this group when artis are settled and ops begin. I dont believe they will be making it past construction plan launch, and if they do it will be in very less numbers compared to their strength in numbers right now.

    Group 2 of all Metas

    DD-Ph and DD3 - With a bunch of over 100 players, they do qualify as a meta. DD-Ph surely one of the top allies in this server. They have an excellent amount of offense (visible by the constant appearance of new DD-Ph players in robbers), however we do not know if they lack in def or not. As mentioned before Istanbul has definitely caused disturbance, and they might not stand where they would've liked to by the time of arti launch, in complete control of their quad. Their wing is more of a bitter sweet thing for them. They have recruited some good players from their quad (despite being a pre made alliance) and their wings aim is to do more of that recruiting. However this does increase the chances of leaks in their ally. As a summary this group is one of top 3 groups/allies in the server, without a doubt. And no matter how much Istanbul try to disrupt them. DD-Ph will come out on top.

    Group 3 of all Metas

    N&C and HM - Right. I am a part of this group, so maybe some biased views from my side :P But I will try to be as unbiased as possible. With over 100 players this is the last meta (sorry if i left any).
    This is probably the only meta in which both wings consist of enough solid players to be a top ally on its own (without the help of the other ally). Many excellent accounts in this group, however the entire group seems passive. Everyone has their play styles and N&C and HM seem to have their own. Admittedly not enough action has been taken in SE quad, but tbh the allies in SE besides N&C and HM are quite low skilled. The only problem in SE quad seems to be the few players who are in the quad without allies and are doing very well. For example Tiny Cox and Homer Simpson (Ik they have allies but not in their quad). If this was the quad of istanbul and DD-Ph these players wouldve been exterminated first. But like i said different approach to the server for different allies. However a group of 110 players coming from pre made alliances and no recruitment will definitely result in an advantage over the rest. I would rank this group in the same category as DD-Ph, that being one of top 3 groups/allies in the server

    Now moving onto the allies not in a meta.

    TSO - Imo the strongest ally on the server right now. They dont have enough players as others but 50 players is more than you need to do well in a server. Top quality players all around in the ally. The ban of The illusionist was sad to see however i wouldnt like to comment on whether it was justified or not, because last servers top player was banned in the same way, they claimed to be completely innocent, but as it turned out... they weren't. So maybe justified, maybe not, either way definitely a big loss to bruce and his group. Due to their quality players and leadership, this ally will be the last inclusion into the top 3 metas/allies of this server. The only thing which will test TSO is that group 2 and group 3 (mentioned above) have an advantage of numbers on them, not just number quantity wise but also quality players. And the battles between DD-Ph and DD3, N&C and HM, and TSO, will be the one to watch this server.

    A few other allies which seem decent but definitely not going for the win.

    r - Seems to consist of a group of good players, however being in the area of TSO was definetly not the best thing which happened to them, and most probably will result in their end.

    Dacia - Once again seems to consist of a group of skilled players, not sure what they're up to however, but may cause trouble to TSO if they ever decide to break the NAP between them which currently stands. If they turn it into confeds after the settling of artifacts then TSO becomes the 4th and final group of all metas (However i doubt TSO would like to this, if they do then they will be doing something which theyve complained about, forming metas)

    alobE - An ally of only 5 players. Although they do seem like a small group of very skilled players based in NW, and whichever ally they chose to support (or already have chosen) will benefit from these players a lot.


    I would like to discuss the history of all alliances as well but it seems like this post has already gotten too long, maybe another time.
    Feel free to agree, disagree, discuss, debate whatever you guys wish to do. But please lets talk about something meaningful in the server and not trash talk to the rest.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addict98 View Post
    This is my analysis of of all allies/players/leaks etc

    I would like to discuss the history of all alliances as well but it seems like this post has already gotten too long, maybe another time.
    Thank you for a well written opinion with actual comments about what you are basing it on. I may not agree with you on all points but as you pointed out, we've all got our own bias.

  6. #16
    Thorned Warrior
    Join Date
    03.03.2017
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addict98 View Post
    I feel like this is one of the more important threads, yet people dont seem to grasping it. So lets leave the hate and move on to actual discussions and opinions of the past, present, and possible future state of the server.
    This is my analysis of of all allies/players/leaks etc

    Group 1 of all Metas

    1) Hodor all wings - Just a small handful of good players in a META so big that they consist of over 425 players (Including istanbul, SEA, WW and all their wings) Which is kind of sad to see. Just quantity of players means nothing. Multiple spies of each ally already secured in Hodor. The few players left from rebels X seem to be the only ones doing well as well as a few others who are very possible to be spies. Cross quad players have been taken into the ally. Shows there is no real experienced leadership, and clearly their only troubling aspect is their huge quantity of players. But i doubt it will be put to any good use.

    2) Istanbul all wings: Once again just a small handful of skilled players. However this ally is one of the most aggressive ones ive seen on servers. They do not sim up croppers and then sim hammers, or play passively, waiting for right moment to strike (Not saying either way is wrong :P). They constantly hit their neighbors and honestly speaking must surely have been a pain in DD-Ph's plan for the server. An ally which tends to create unnecessary chaos is always tough to handle, no matter how good they are. However this kind of thinking may result in initial chaos but sorrow later, all DD-Ph needs to do is one Op on the players which matter in Istanbul and their entire ally collapses.

    3) SE CA, SEA, WW: Lastly another 3 allies which are just full of players and minimum quality. Max amount of half decent players from these 3 allies is probably 5.

    Summary of group : A lot of activity from this group is nice to see. However, so many players, and so many being not useful out of those will never be the answer to winning the server as Istanbul keeps mentioning. It will turn into chaos for this group when artis are settled and ops begin. I dont believe they will be making it past construction plan launch, and if they do it will be in very less numbers compared to their strength in numbers right now.

    Group 2 of all Metas

    DD-Ph and DD3 - With a bunch of over 100 players, they do qualify as a meta. DD-Ph surely one of the top allies in this server. They have an excellent amount of offense (visible by the constant appearance of new DD-Ph players in robbers), however we do not know if they lack in def or not. As mentioned before Istanbul has definitely caused disturbance, and they might not stand where they would've liked to by the time of arti launch, in complete control of their quad. Their wing is more of a bitter sweet thing for them. They have recruited some good players from their quad (despite being a pre made alliance) and their wings aim is to do more of that recruiting. However this does increase the chances of leaks in their ally. As a summary this group is one of top 3 groups/allies in the server, without a doubt. And no matter how much Istanbul try to disrupt them. DD-Ph will come out on top.

    Group 3 of all Metas

    N&C and HM - Right. I am a part of this group, so maybe some biased views from my side :P But I will try to be as unbiased as possible. With over 100 players this is the last meta (sorry if i left any).
    This is probably the only meta in which both wings consist of enough solid players to be a top ally on its own (without the help of the other ally). Many excellent accounts in this group, however the entire group seems passive. Everyone has their play styles and N&C and HM seem to have their own. Admittedly not enough action has been taken in SE quad, but tbh the allies in SE besides N&C and HM are quite low skilled. The only problem in SE quad seems to be the few players who are in the quad without allies and are doing very well. For example Tiny Cox and Homer Simpson (Ik they have allies but not in their quad). If this was the quad of istanbul and DD-Ph these players wouldve been exterminated first. But like i said different approach to the server for different allies. However a group of 110 players coming from pre made alliances and no recruitment will definitely result in an advantage over the rest. I would rank this group in the same category as DD-Ph, that being one of top 3 groups/allies in the server

    Now moving onto the allies not in a meta.

    TSO - Imo the strongest ally on the server right now. They dont have enough players as others but 50 players is more than you need to do well in a server. Top quality players all around in the ally. The ban of The illusionist was sad to see however i wouldnt like to comment on whether it was justified or not, because last servers top player was banned in the same way, they claimed to be completely innocent, but as it turned out... they weren't. So maybe justified, maybe not, either way definitely a big loss to bruce and his group. Due to their quality players and leadership, this ally will be the last inclusion into the top 3 metas/allies of this server. The only thing which will test TSO is that group 2 and group 3 (mentioned above) have an advantage of numbers on them, not just number quantity wise but also quality players. And the battles between DD-Ph and DD3, N&C and HM, and TSO, will be the one to watch this server.

    A few other allies which seem decent but definitely not going for the win.

    r - Seems to consist of a group of good players, however being in the area of TSO was definetly not the best thing which happened to them, and most probably will result in their end.

    Dacia - Once again seems to consist of a group of skilled players, not sure what they're up to however, but may cause trouble to TSO if they ever decide to break the NAP between them which currently stands. If they turn it into confeds after the settling of artifacts then TSO becomes the 4th and final group of all metas (However i doubt TSO would like to this, if they do then they will be doing something which theyve complained about, forming metas)

    alobE - An ally of only 5 players. Although they do seem like a small group of very skilled players based in NW, and whichever ally they chose to support (or already have chosen) will benefit from these players a lot.


    I would like to discuss the history of all alliances as well but it seems like this post has already gotten too long, maybe another time.
    Feel free to agree, disagree, discuss, debate whatever you guys wish to do. But please lets talk about something meaningful in the server and not trash talk to the rest.

    Finally another person who does a proper analysis.

    To add on this, from what I have seen in the NW quad, there are actually a couple groups like alobE, for example WRA, who only has 2 members, but just walled multiple 25k+ hammers

  7. #17
    Guardsman
    Join Date
    31.12.2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jotheold View Post
    Finally another person who does a proper analysis.

    To add on this, from what I have seen in the NW quad, there are actually a couple groups like alobE, for example WRA, who only has 2 members, but just walled multiple 25k+ hammers
    yea true i wished to mention WRA but seems like i forgot :P
    And yea ive seen those allies (even 1 man allies hehe), tbh to me it looks like these guys are pre planned, and they will go (or have already gone) either of these 2 ways:
    1) Either they were already pre made with an ally to support, and wish to stay in own ally. Staying in own ally could be for multiple reasons, a) maybe their ally is in another quad and they are just here to create trouble for those enemies. b) They wish to be low profile. c) Or simply and the most possible answer, they do not wish to reveal who they are supporting.
    2) Or they will decide which ally to support as server progresses, which means their quads best ally gets them, which is always a nice addition.

    If they arent pre planned for an ally then they dont give a f about server and just are here to have fun and kill.

  8. #18
    Guardsman
    Join Date
    05.03.2010
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Don't mind about Tiny Cox.
    You can attack all his villages. He won't attack you back. There are 0 troops in alle the villages.
    Probably bot
    NLX: Team Rocket, HIF, V-Vogels

  9. #19
    Natarian Knight
    Join Date
    10.07.2012
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jotheold View Post
    Finally another person who does a proper analysis.

    To add on this, from what I have seen in the NW quad, there are actually a couple groups like alobE, for example WRA, who only has 2 members, but just walled multiple 25k+ hammers
    You did not publish any analysis. You published an opinion which may or may not be based on proper analysis but we have no way of seeing it. Addict did not publish any analysis either, but at least we can find clues of what criteria were used.

    For example, I have no idea based on what you both call TSO top alliance. They don't have highest number on players in top 100 pop, they don't have highest number of players in top 40 attackers or defenders. They don't lead any tab, total or weekly, besides raiding. 60 members vs 100 members group at this stage does not make much difference imho (note - it's an opinion) and all above is measured by an alliance, not combination of such, so even if you analyzed 2 different categories it does not make much sense for me. I would love to hear an explanation.

    P.S. WRA has total 51698 defensive points. It is impressive number for 2 members but calling 52K troops "multiple 25K+ hammers" is a bit of stretch.
    Last edited by Ele; 21.06.2017 at 19:06.

  10. #20
    Guardsman
    Join Date
    07.10.2016
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addict98 View Post
    Group 1 of all Metas

    1) Hodor all wings -
    2) Istanbul all wings:
    3) SE CA, SEA, WW:


    Group 2 of all Metas

    DD-Ph and DD3 -

    Group 3 of all Metas


    N&C and HM -

    Now moving onto the allies not in a meta.

    TSO -

    A few other allies which seem decent but definitely not going for the win.

    r -
    Dacia -
    alobE -
    Nicely Done Addict98, that's what I was hoping others would add. Ill read your history if ya end up having time to post it.

    Question... nothing important was just wondering...... was the "group, 1,2,3 of all metas" just a way to organize your thoughts, a ranking or were they broken down for something else? I thought group one was clearly different from 2&3 but I thought they were basically the same. Group 1 is the plies of junk with a few nice players. Groups 2&3 are both solid groups that will be interesting later in the round.

    Everything changes after artis that is when the fun starts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •