Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Features & New Troops - Feedback & Discussion

Guardsman

ok guys, I saw the drawings - and here's my analysis of the troops:
    The first one is clearly their base troops, due to the bow it has to be defensive unit. Also it does not have as much muscles, so its power should definitely be lower than clubs which would definitely confirm a defensive unit. But due to the no armor on clubs, I'm sure that clubs cannot attack them. The direct counter to this are legionnaires from Romans Tribe. If you notice, they hold a shield, so if you want to counter this tribe - prepare the Legs hammer! Yes it's finally a thing!!
    The next units are cavalry with a bow and sword. And I believe the only unit with some armor! Which would give them some defensive attributes. Which would mean another unit with both offense and defense. These units I believe can only be countered by Haeds due to their shields. Gap closing is the key to tackling this units or else they'll shoot you before you could get in range. My first option would've been druids to counter this units due to their speed. But sadly these units are armored and Druids only know how to trample infantry units.
    The next unit analysis, if you pay attention - that unit is looking calmly and observing. Which is a trait found in scouts. Though unlike the other scouts, this one is not carrying any scrolls to write down his observations. So he better have a sharp memory, or else we'll have to send separate scouts to note if there's palace, if there's residence, if there's palisade, and another set of scouts to note the levels of those buildings :/ And to say further, this one might even be drunk for all we know, he's not even carrying an arrow with his bow >_< Does that confirm another tribe with brewery ? I THINK IT DOES!
    The last image leaves us with the enemy strong troops. This one even carries a quiver and he can shoot multiple targets! Just wow! I believe just this troop will have a very very strong off but due to carrying no armor, he should be horrible defender. So, chasing them back should be like chasing back clubs!
    So what do you guys think? I mean I know we've not seen the engineering being their catapults and rams to decide how good of end game tribes these are offensively but I can blindly assure you that no one can top the engineers of Gauls. I have no Idea how do they even load their catapults! Can't wait to see more pics! Though I hope this time we see colored pictures there's just as much that I can decipher from these picks.
    (PS: I've not included their long hairs into my observations - if a unit closes gap with these troops, their hairs should get into their way of fighting. So we'll see a lot of boots action against this tribe! )
    Last edited by fnx; 03.07.2017 at 16:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbounA View Post
    i just want u to know i have no prob with u not knowing good English but don't act smart and use stuff i said that u don't even understand to try to hurt me bro

So no stats are given to us yet. Even with that, we can make a few predictions for what the new tribes might entail.

Huns seem to have a lot of archer troops. Although having archers calculated as a separate unit from infantry and cavalry is not going to happen (foot archers will be considered infantry and cav archers will be considered cavalry), this could still lead to foot archers having good defense against infantry and cav archers to have good defense against cavalry (realistically speaking). It looks as though the Huns will also be pretty heavy on cavalry, meaning Teuton spears will probably wall them the most (just like they wall EC and Haed hammers).

A couple things do kinda scare me though. In the reveal video, they mention that the Huns are "A perfect tribe to build a hammer with, although the Romans may disagree." If the Huns end up having infantry that defend well against infantry, cavalry that defend simi-decently against cavalry, and good cav troops for big hammers, then what's to stop them from being carbon copies of the Romans? I do hope that's not the case.

Speaking of the reveal video, they also mention something about how the Egyptians can use 15Cs better than others. One of the things I'm most curious about is the special buildings. Trapper, HDT, and Brewery for the current tribes; Huns and Egyptians should each have a special building as well. Those could end up being game changers to an extent much greater than that of their troop stats.
    Last edited by IronTsunami; 03.07.2017 at 18:19.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by IronTsunami View Post

A couple things do kinda scare me though. In the reveal video, they mention that the Huns are "A perfect tribe to build a hammer with, although the Romans may disagree." If the Huns end up having infantry that defend well against infantry, cavalry that defend simi-decently against cavalry, and good cav troops for big hammers, then what's to stop them from being carbon copies of the Romans? I do hope that's not the case.

I think what they meant was, Romans will disagree BECAUSE they can defend them well (hence not the best hammers, from Romans perspective). But maybe doesnt make sense, since Huns seem to be heavy cavalry based, where as romans defend infantry best, so its kind of the opposite, and doesn't make sense if Roman defends them well. Thats my thought at least, cant say much till they release more info about troop stats.

And yea for the egyptian thing, I expect it to be a new building to increase crop prod. Once again cant say much till more infor

Quote Originally Posted by Addict98 View Post
    I think what they meant was, Romans will disagree BECAUSE they can defend them well (hence not the best hammers, from Romans perspective). But maybe doesnt make sense, since Huns seem to be heavy cavalry based, where as romans defend infantry best, so its kind of the opposite, and doesn't make sense if Roman defends them well. Thats my thought at least, cant say much till they release more info about troop stats.

And yea for the egyptian thing, I expect it to be a new building to increase crop prod. Once again cant say much till more infor
    Well, having a building that will reduce crop consumption would make sense if they have chariots (massive crop consumption for horses and rider). But that would just be a copy of the HDT, so it's gotta be at least somewhat different.

I believe I saw somewhere that the Egyptians will be better at resource production than other tribes, so maybe they'll have a building that provides bonus income to all resources, kinda like a hero can now.

One of the admin tester leaked and the Egyptian will have a slave unit that cost less overall res than club, faster training and stat likewise of legionnaire. Egyptian will also have a chariot unit which should have the attack power of caesaris, and speed of TT. Will be the most expensive unit in the game.

Guardsman

Quote Originally Posted by mathieuasw View Post
    One of the admin tester leaked and the Egyptian will have a slave unit that cost less overall res than club, faster training and stat likewise of legionnaire. Egyptian will also have a chariot unit which should have the attack power of caesaris, and speed of TT. Will be the most expensive unit in the game.
    Seems a bit too much mate. No balance imo.

Natarian Knight

Enough visual aid Give us numbers please. Pretty please.

Pikeman

Quote Originally Posted by Ele View Post
    Enough visual aid Give us numbers please. Pretty please.
    ^^^ Please !

Looks like a copy of gauls to me
    Considering no sraristics
    2 infantry (though both looks deff)
    4 cavalry (1 scout like pfs but none look as fierceful as haeduan)
    Cheif looks like that of teuton also the rams and catapults
    So someqhat mixture of teutons and gauls

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast