Thread: Why is this forum so dead?

Default Why is this forum so dead?

Server 5 has been going for 7 weeks, and there is only one post of any note.

Is there no one interested in doing some sort of analysis?

Is there no one who can get some sort of banter going? Nothing that could create interest for the rest of us?

What about the ridiculous situation with the auction system - one day a week there are items for sale and then it goes back to being empty and prices skyrocket again. Is this because TG is banning players only interested in silver, and finding those players as soon as they spawn? Or, is there another reason? Any thoughts as to what could be done to fix it so there are a reasonable number of items for sale at a reasonable price all of the time?

There must be other topics of interest to players on s5.

Community Manager Templar Knight's Avatar

Hello mullion

It would be cool to log in one day and read about what alliances are holding what quads and who likes who.

Even though I am not on the server I love to read about what is going on in each of our live servers.

So if you get bored one day try your own version of an analysis and I can say I will read it and look forward to it or anyones for that matter.

If you need a little help with game play Legend Answers

If you are nervous about your post Forum Rules

Keep the MH's at bay by knowing the Game Rules

Except, I asked myself if it was worth putting time into an analysis if no one wants to read it? It takes a lot of effort, and if this forum is going to remain dead because no one is interested, then it isn't worth mine or anyone else's time.

I hope to be proven wrong and people playing s5 will log in and comment. If there is no interest, in an analysis or any other topic, then I might as well go back to sleep, or slink off into the sunset.

Brilliant post! I agree that this forum is dead and in desperate need of resuscitation.

And what's with all the metas and confeds so early in the game? It seems like the only alliance that hasn't declared crossquad love with the whole server is HmB. I must confess, I like their style.

Bring on your analysis and I promise I will read it all and endeavor to provide witty repartee!

Only two people who noticed this post, and one of them a mod. Server 5 forum is truly dead.

It may be some weeks before I can put together a coherent analysis. Never done one before, so need someone to teach me what is interesting to people, most of whom will not bother noticing that someone has provided something for their entertainment.

(sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by mullion View Post
    Only two people who noticed this post, and one of them a mod. Server 5 forum is truly dead.

It may be some weeks before I can put together a coherent analysis. Never done one before, so need someone to teach me what is interesting to people, most of whom will not bother noticing that someone has provided something for their entertainment.

(sigh)
    Not so, my friend! 193 views.

Some advice on analysis...

1. Most people who post will criticize your analysis because they disagree with your logic. If they feel that strongly, they should do one of their own and stop trolling. Ignore them because chances are they are in a lame alliance that is simming for the win with grand plans of building a WW because they've collected the most 2-village players. (Sound like anyone we know?)

2. Rate them however you like. Attack points? Pop? Defense? Some crazy equation bringing in all metrics?

3. Bonus points for ascii art or alliance verbiage? Most arrogant alliance page (FAT)? Least original alliance page (RISE)? Most honest (HiT)? Most use of ascii stars (PFtF)? (Seriously, were they on sale?) Coolest sounding alliance (HMB)?

4. Make it easy enough that you can do the analysis on a weekly or biweekly basis. Don't forget the ascii art because it really is that important.

I think you will find that you will get plenty of feedback from those who aren't ranked as high as they think they should be.

I can't wait to read it!

Arrow

Well, for one thing you could explore who are the most successful alliances in every quad, and you can use gettertools (is it even active now? Haven't used it in a long time, but there are other tools too) to observe how members of the alliance you're analyzing are spread out (i.e. if villages are spread out far and wide, that means it'd be hard for them to send troops to aid each other, but if they're clustered and concentrated then vice versa).

Uploading a map showing their positions as well as all their villages are very helpful for an analysis as it brings to life what you're talking about.

Also, it'd be great if you can analyze whoever is contending to control one quad, and for each biweekly, see who is in decline and which alliance seems to be rising to power.

You can even ask the major alliance leaders if they want to show some of their alliance feats, which would be helpful in an analysis (just make sure you promote anonymity with whoever's involved in the battle report, if they ever by chance, allow you to use one).

Also, you can observe if the alliance has members that made a move by setting up villages near the center, and compare it with the other alliances in different quads.

And observe the alliance medals and see who's been receiving them weekly and who's been consistently among the top 10 in each category, and analyze a bit on them (e.g. If this alliance received Top defender in NW, that means there's a lot of havoc in the NW as a contending alliance is hitting on them day by day etc, if they're consistently Top 1 raiders every week, then they're big contenders for endgame etc... w/e).

Also, it'd be nice to see comparisons like No. of members/Alliance Raiding per week ratio, No. of members/Alliance Attack per week ratio etc, as well as an observation of the top players in each respective alliance and their weekly raid amounts compared to the alliance, or something like that. And you can say what you think about each alliance based on your observations - like a guesstimate or a speculation.

Well, that's just at the top of my head.
    Good luck btw.
    Last edited by Mazeppa; 05.07.2017 at 22:50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa41 View Post
    If u were made of ice cream u would lick yourself to death

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post

3. Bonus points for ascii art or alliance verbiage? Most arrogant alliance page (FAT)? Least original alliance page (RISE)? Most honest (HiT)? Most use of ascii stars (PFtF)? (Seriously, were they on sale?) Coolest sounding alliance (HMB)?

Not really an analysis but a good start by you, Leon!
    There are 3 major alliances in this server, RISE, FAT and HMB. LEGACY has fallen much, I think much due to internal politics.
    RISE is the real force and they are very strong in their quad and also in the grey zone. They are the number one contender in this server to make the WW.
    FAT is not as strong as it claims to be and it seems they intend to play, mainly, in their quad and are not really active in the grey zone.
    HMB has the biggest and strongest players and they, probably, yield the biggest hammers. Well, their profile is not as original and cool as you may have thought. I have seen them, at least, once before. They were under another name "LoDM" but the same "cool profile". They will side with one alliance towards the end game and help them win the server. They did it when I saw them last time. They are here just to smash stuff. They do not play to defend WW and only play to demolish it. But they end up taking side with one alliance and I am sure they will do it this server again. This is what is different about their style. Only "OFFENCE" Their top 5 or 6 players will yield multiple hammers and as they will not be holding a real WW (not building to win the race) so there's no real attacks on them so no defense required. What an idea! And they will use their hammers to turn the server result; to the right or to the left and help win any Alliance they chose to do so. So, very clever play from them. Two or three alliances fighting each other and no one looks at them and they peacefully make hammers and almost no defense and then towards the ENDGAME decide who wins the server at the end. Like the Hulk "SMASH!"
    Now how's that for an analysis!

Quote Originally Posted by wangwho View Post
    *** Awesomeness followed by more awesomeness *** Like the Hulk "SMASH!"
    I agree with your assessment about the major powers on the server. FAT and RISE seems to be pretty active. I noticed FAT even sucked up one of the smaller NW alliances (ISR) that was previously confedded with Legacy.

I also agree that Legacy is likely in its final death throws. As you said, rumors suggest that drama at the leadership level is fracturing this meta. Anyone in Legacy care to refute or corroborate the perception that the alliance is falling apart?

Great commentary on HmB. Gotta love the spoilers

Pikeman

Quote Originally Posted by wangwho View Post
    There are 3 major alliances in this server, RISE, FAT and HMB. LEGACY has fallen much, I think much due to internal politics.
    RISE is the real force and they are very strong in their quad and also in the grey zone. They are the number one contender in this server to make the WW.
    FAT is not as strong as it claims to be and it seems they intend to play, mainly, in their quad and are not really active in the grey zone.
    HMB has the biggest and strongest players and they, probably, yield the biggest hammers. Well, their profile is not as original and cool as you may have thought. I have seen them, at least, once before. They were under another name "LoDM" but the same "cool profile". They will side with one alliance towards the end game and help them win the server. They did it when I saw them last time. They are here just to smash stuff. They do not play to defend WW and only play to demolish it. But they end up taking side with one alliance and I am sure they will do it this server again. This is what is different about their style. Only "OFFENCE" Their top 5 or 6 players will yield multiple hammers and as they will not be holding a real WW (not building to win the race) so there's no real attacks on them so no defense required. What an idea! And they will use their hammers to turn the server result; to the right or to the left and help win any Alliance they chose to do so. So, very clever play from them. Two or three alliances fighting each other and no one looks at them and they peacefully make hammers and almost no defense and then towards the ENDGAME decide who wins the server at the end. Like the Hulk "SMASH!"
    Whoa ! a great review I must say. A long comment about them and its fun to read. At first I was quite shocked. I take a look at their alliance profile, but no ribbon at all and was thinking, are they for real to be said having a good offense player?! but just noticed they are always in top3 in weekly attackers and robbers. So changed my mind, they seems to be a cool badass alliance. Literally showing that medals or ribbons aren't matter much to them, exactly the opposite from any other alliance that we have seen so far, whew. Plus, no meta at all?! they keep giving me the excitement of what they are going to do next probably after the artefact comes out.

RISE, FAT & HmB are basically in different quad and it seems each one of them are ruling theirs. RISE and FAT have few wings alliance and HmB are still looking to stand on their own. So probably what wangwho said is correct. Seems like WW fights are between RISE and FAT. Each of them seems to be preparing with defense wings, etc. They seems to be absorbing most of the alliances in their quad to be under their flag. Good strategy becoming a dominant that way but it seems a bit boring.

So the question that came to my mind, who'll have HmB aide? It looks like getting their support seems to be a major factor to win this server if what is said about HmB are having strong offense player are true. Aren't any leaders from RISE or FAT approach HmB yet? Somehow, I am really looking forward of what is going to happen in this server.

P/s: Last question that pop in my mind, how can HmB standing there dominating their quad by themselves? Currently saw that they are having a war with H1N1 and it seems H1N1 members are currently down to 30+ from a full 60. Aren't there any other alliance in that quad who is fighting them previously? What did HmB do actually? It would be fun to read if any of their leaders would like to share though.