Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd village??

Thorned Warrior

Default 2nd village??

ok so my resources are all hovering around 100units per hour which i know isn't very much but i've been spending my resources on swordsmen research recently.

i have about 50 phalanx and 20 swordsmen
    and a big trapper

what else should i do before i start a second village?

I live in my chicken coop with my laptop as my connection to civilization

A high lvl defensive hero. He will be needed to defend a new village.
    "Never forget -- 'Reason' is just one letter away from 'Treason.' Coincidence? Reasonable people would say it is, but America can't afford to take that chance."

Guardsman

You need a level 10 Residence or Palace (Residence cheaper and fine for now), 2000 Culture Points (shown in Residence/Palace), and much higher production than you have now. I think I made my second village when most of my resources were producing ~200/hr, and it still took close to a week to build Residence 1-10 and 3 settlers. Go look at the costs of those.

You don't need a high level defensive hero, just some troops like your 50 Phalanxes. You can't even set out to get a defensive hero to high levels unless you're participating in a lot of mass defenses with your alliance, which I doubt you're doing yet.

Most people make their second villages when their first village is between 200 and 300 population. You can use that as a rough guide.
    Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter.

you can't go up many levels for your palace/residence with 100 resources per hour, unless you are willing to wait a day or more to build each level, my resources are 300+ per hour and still can't upgrade my palace without a lot of waiting, I think your resources should be 400ph to think about making a second village

tricksta made me put this signature

Get your production values to at least 250 each, it will take too long otherwise. I made the mistake of doing it at 166/183/166/60 production and it took me 10 days from Residence Lv5 to 3 Settlers.

Calculate ahead for each upgrade and how much it costs, then use your Marketplace to get the best possible trades to quickly start it. If you simply just let the resources accumulate until you have enough, you will probably lose a few days in building time, and you will likely overflow your Warehouse or Granary. Speaking of which, don't forget to upgrade them, or else you won't be able to hold enough for the upgrades.

Take the total cost of the next upgrade, subtract your current total resources, and divide by your total production of all resources. That's how many hours until you can carry out the upgrade. Find out how many resources you will have in that many hours, and compare it to the cost of the next step. Set up trades to get those amounts as close as you can to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryCradle View Post
    you can't go up many levels for your palace/residence with 100 resources per hour, unless you are willing to wait a day or more to build each level, my resources are 300+ per hour and still can't upgrade my palace without a lot of waiting, I think your resources should be 400ph to think about making a second village
    That's not actually true. All you need is a large raiding and plenty of targets so that even with 100+ producton, a second village wouldn't be that much of a problem. IF you're playing sim city, then yes. You'll need at least 250+ production to even think about getting a new village. Oh and one more thing. You should have built a residence, not a palace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thanatos
    you know you have a ren and stimpy avatar right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marruk_WoW
    Chicks dig Ren and Stimpy fans! It's almost as hawt as guys who are into Pokemon... Lone Soldier, which is your favorite Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Imran View Post
    That's not actually true. All you need is a large raiding and plenty of targets so that even with 100+ producton, a second village wouldn't be that much of a problem. IF you're playing sim city, then yes. You'll need at least 250+ production to even think about getting a new village. Oh and one more thing. You should have built a residence, not a palace.
    that's true, but where I live on s7 there's no much farms left around me, and I had to demolish my residence when I was under catas attacks to build stonemasonso it depends on circumstances too

tricksta made me put this signature

I use both tactics. As a Gaul, rush to TT, raid all around you, increase your ressource fields. I'd say 200 ressources per hour are good enough combined with raiding.
    -------
    -------------------Proud Legacy Member.
    -------
    ------- [][] ---- "Throw computers out of the Windows,
    ------ [][] ------ or the other way around."

Talking

TIP
    have a big marketplace, It helps get your second village up once you've made it. believe me, I made 5 villages in a week just because of my marketplace. but then again, I had my production about 1000 per hour, which is still small

*****EDIT*****

This was on speed server so doing that on another server will be harder
    There is no evolution, only mutation...

AU4 - Farmee! of Farms 'R' Us

Thorned Warrior

You all had such a small recourses production?I waited to 700+ of every recourse so I builded residence/settlers in 1.5 day...
    I made a mistake by such big recourses production but you can easily supply your second village then!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast