Page 592 of 614 FirstFirst ... 92492542582590591592593594602 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 6132

Thread: Space empires The great unknown

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((Will post today...))
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    *MHS-Lithiria*

Burke sighed, "Information is slow in coming, the only things I can tell you with concrete certainty is that Eldrad is dead and the fleet has been called out and is prepared for action within seconds. What I can speculate is that someone has been sent to the Imperium to allow them to explain their actions in a manner that is satisfiable to our government. Assuming that that does not go well the call for allies will go out while we take the first strike. The humans cannot stand against the hegemony, but it will be bloody. There is something else that has happened, but I am not sure of the circumstances behind it, what will come of it and I dare not speculate that information will wait until it is completely concrete."
    "I am afraid then, Admiral Burke, that if what you say is true, then it puts the Confederation in an awkward position. Just thirty years ago the bloodiest war in our history ended, and while to some races such a time may seem long enough, to us it is a brief moment, a moment of peace well earned. Should it come to war between the Hegemony and the Imperium, I can say with confidence that the Confederation will aid in your defense, but this talk of a first strike will not bode well with the senate. You must understand, we support our allies, but ultimately we are at the whim of the people and their elected representatives. The majority of the Confederation government is made up of those affected by the war or combat veterans, such as myself. Were I in your position I would be concerned with preventing a war first, and what to do in the event of one second. From what you've told me, your government has already decided a war is inevitable. I would prefer that we return to realspace as soon as possible so that I can relay these events to my government."
    "SUUM TANTUM A PULPA VULNUS"-footman.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    A message for Ramrod: Don't reproduce, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy
    To REDSHEILD, if he happens to see this: I suppose I am a Grammar N*zi at heart.
    <(-_-)><(@-@)><(o.0)> <dragons.

I 'r' Tankcat, you should know precisely where I 'r'.

((Revote is accepted by me. And for future references, my vote is automatically "yes" unless I say it isn't. ))

((And Malg: I keep trying to respond, but then I keep getting distracted by other things and forget. Vanessa shall be responded to when I remember to.))
    Comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    L.C.S. In the universe, it is illegal to defy all laws at once.
    Alexander *Watchs Stargate disappear.* YAY!

On the moon, I make it shine because im god

Burke checked his wrist display, "We should be arriving at our destination shortly you should be able to send a message then, I must return to the bridge you may leave anytime after we drop out of slipspace." With that he turned away from the Admiral and made his way back to the bridge.

Upon arriving back on the bridge he noted the ship had arrived at its destination. He gave a nod to the navigator to bring the ship out of the slip. A flash of purple light erupted from a short distance in front of the ship which it drifted into, the purple light filled the monitors then disappeared revealing the familiar starscape of realspace. The radar immediately fuzzed and the visual spotting systems on the ship began highlighting all the ships in the area with green indicating friendly. The ships were arrayed in all directions farther than the eye could see without aid and beyond those another starscape of green dots gave indication of even more innumerable ships of the Hegemony fleet, a display not seen in the Hegemony since its inception. Burke sat in his chair and keyed in some codes on the pad on the right arm rest. A short while passed then a digital voice came over the bridge intercom, "Welcome MHS Lithirium, connecting you to local battlenet."

((I vote w/e on the new guy))

((and as a note the radar fuzzed because there are jammers, not because of the number of ships. That is something I really shouldn't have to note but am anyway because somebody will jump on it if I don't.))
    Quote Originally Posted by REDSHEILD View Post
    Do not bow to your equal. If you wish to bow to someone, bow to Ramrod (creator of all things awesome)
    Quote Originally Posted by iSmokeiFly View Post
    I like breaking people's happiness.
    All your base are belong to us. You have no chance of survival make your time.

-snip-
    The Seer let out a sigh of relief as the comm link cut off. ''That didn't go too badly.'' Turning to his desk, Finorlan began to tidy up the clutter that had resulted from the frenzied attempts to reconcile all the gathered alien intelligence into a cohesive overview. The Castorians were just one of three alien races they had met, although they were easily the aliens with which they had gathered the most intel.

As the Seer set about the menial task, he felt the familiar sense of weightlessness as his ship entered the rift. Just moments later he knew they would be approaching Kai and that the captain would be contacting the Seers Platform. A smile crept across his face as he caught a glimpse of the station through the ships sensor arrays, for he insisted on having a direct feed from his cabin. The platform was one of the newer space stations constructed by the Protectorate, lending it a more elegant appearance than older models. Flowing lines and seamless intersections, that were the architects vision. A station able to seamlessly connect itself to other stations, similar to the Ring Stations of Rax, which were just visible on the far side of the planet. All in all, it was a majestic view, with the Ring drawing a fine line between the cyan atmosphere of Kai and the crimson of Rax itself.

The Seer tore himself away from the view before he became too fixated. He had a job to do after all. ''Captain, relay docking instructions to the Platform and the Castorian craft. We are not sure how compatible they will be but in a worst case scenario the repair docks have been prepared to house alien craft, their ship should fit nicely in there.'' The Seer smirked again as he thought of how strange it would be, to see a foreign craft parked within the usually cluttered docking bay. Thrak had been the one to suggest preparing the bay for the meeting. It had annoyed Finorlan to no end that he had suggested it so calmly, as if it was the most obvious course of action.
    BonzaiBannana: A giant loophole to pubic safety

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Thumbs down

((Exams got moved up. I have one today (in a few hours), one tomorrow, one on Saturday and one on Monday. Will read and post after that.))
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

*Imperium Solaris *
    - The Core Quadrant - *Myrie*

News of Eldrads death had touched the 4 corners of the Imperium, hundreds of worlds rejoiced at the death howl of the old gods. The Eldar had long triffled in the affairs of many races for their own selfish schemes and with their great seer death the long shadow caste was now vanquished. With their decline, pirate and mercenary warships from the outer rim where being hunted down with impunity the lawless regions of the beyond now ripe for colonization and the rule of law. The Imperial standards of those armies that took part in the campagins held ceremony for their fallen and pledged continued service to the Emperor of Man Aurrliuss Solidor II master of the 13 stars of Iffilum and Godson to the light.

Ever Vigilant the Emperors Sentinels and Guardians watched, the grey line moved, the great eye fixiated on the vast darkness of Majorian space and in silence the Legions marshalled. The twin dragons Bahamut and Timat now materilized waited for the feast of crows their soul engines thirsty for what was to come.. All the while the Emperor shared sweet moments with his beloved as she saw the minds of what ever Sentinel did a million minds a million views... the tide was rising and it would break upon the rocks of Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloogle View Post
    <Post>
    The sight of Kai was breathtaking, even for a man who had seen hundreds of worlds. The crisp cyan atmosphere was brilliant in the light of Kai's star, illuminating the landmasses of the world at its green hued oceans. The planet's moon had an incredible deep red atmosphere, bright in the sunlight. Complementing the celestial bodies' natural aesthetic were the thin glimmering structures in orbit, distant, majestic constructions.
    Alexander took a seat in the pilot's chair just as the ship received course and docking information from the Kain ship. He let the autopilot take the approach, although he decided to control the ship manually for docking.

As the cruiser began to move toward Kai the stations in orbit went from being thin glimmering bands and small dots of light to recognizable structures, alien in design, yet amazing in appearance and pleasing to the eye. Once they had transferred to the same orbit as the stations it became clear which was their destination. It was one of the newer stations, it seemed; the plating fresh, unscathed by the occasional micrometeorite shower. The cruiser entered the assigned docking bay of the station without incident, although the shields were lowered to prevent interactions with the bay's own shielding.
    "Hey, we've got an issue, the latches won't seal." Natalia said.
    "Try deploying the emergency seal."
    Natalia nodded and pressed a button on the console, a moment later there was a confirmation tone from the computer signalling that a seal had been achieved and pressure had equalized.
    "Well then, now that it's finished, are you ready to go?" Alexander said.
    "Yeah, just have to get a few things, I'll meet you in the tunnel."

Moments later as Alexander was waiting at the airlock Natalia emerged from the cruiser's door, it closing and sealing behind her. In her armor suit she looked very imposing, standing at almost seven feet tall, without the helmet. Outside of its visible mechanisms, an armor suit was simple in appearance, the only decoration being the non-ornate version of the national emblem painted onto the left chest plate of the suit, with rank and wearer information on the right one. The shoulder guard had unit information painted onto it, in Natalia's case the emblem of the Senate Guard, which was a simple metal buckler with the image of an olive branch on it and six white dots, representative of the Castor system's six stars.
    "Very nice, Natalia. Although it looks like you'll be having trouble with our host's airlock." Alexander laughed. "In all seriousness, though, remember that we are guests on this station, and that I don't expect to need your protection. So keep your sidearm holstered, please, we don't need to frighten them."

((Just a note: While Castorian power armor is quite a heavy or bulky sort of armor, with some exceptions, it's not like space marine armor, the shoulder guards on it are more comparable to spaulders than pauldrons, in terms of size.))

((I forgot to mention, Alexander is carrying a small metal briefcase with him, it's about the same size as a laptop case.))
    "SUUM TANTUM A PULPA VULNUS"-footman.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    A message for Ramrod: Don't reproduce, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy
    To REDSHEILD, if he happens to see this: I suppose I am a Grammar N*zi at heart.
    <(-_-)><(@-@)><(o.0)> <dragons.

((Well, since I have got a hell of a lot of work to do for this thread. I might as well start somewhere. And right now, that somewhere is here.))
    ((Part 1: Post for BB))

Excitement filled the bridge of the small destroyer, be it in a way subtly hidden and not always for the right reason. At his console, the young officer Gnt was torn between thoughts about his duty and those of a less savory nature. Meanwhile the captain was busy recalling everything and anything he was thought at the academy all those years ago. Still he was or at least seemed to be calm and collected, be it in a vague but somewhat effective way of providing an example. It was not that they were not prepared or unprofessional, well maybe a bit of the former. Border patrol was a quiet assignment, especially on the southern frontier. The Terrans, Castor and all the other interesting species were generally on the opposite end of the empire. Here you were lucky if you observed a comet or had a signal station break down due to a mechanical fault. And naturally when it came to crew, quality fallowed the excitement. That was not to say they were ill trained. But be they as they were, the crew of the small destroyer were no 4th fleet*.

And so when they did indeed meet with this new challenge precious few of the crew knew what to do about it save for what they had read in books. And yet, it could be said that under the conditions they were they preformed admirably. Well, some of them at least. The captain was contemplating his options. He could call for aid. At least three cruisers were in the sector and could rapidly respond to this. And that is only those he knew off. Chances were that by their nature they were better equipped to deal with this situation. And yet, even as his thoughts veered slowly but surely in this direction things were unfolding around him that would make his decisions irrelevant.

Down bellow in the Librarium however was as always where the action was. For there were those who were not content with sitting back and watching. Those who saw it as their duty to serve the empire by actually serving and not by letting others do so in their stead. And in that they had a very likely supporter. On the bridge a voice spoke out to the captains ear but loud enough to be heard by all.
    "Captain, there is no time to wait for reinforcements. By the time they arrive, the unknown craft might leave or worse yet take our silence as hostility. This is our duty now. Allow us to complete it."
    And the captain simply sighed and gave his permission. For deep inside he knew she was right.

Down in the Librarium the translation computer was working overtime attempting to decipher the message. And as row after row of data was displayed, each possessing a myriad of permutation the ships librarian and his commander the ships intelligence officer exchanged their thoughts:
    "The first part of the signal is clearly a simple mathematical progression. Quite ingenious really. Without it we might have missed the paten as a sensor beam."
    "What about the rest? Any message inside?"
    "The computer is still working on it. But from what it says so far there is text in there. It speaks of borders, boundaries perhaps. Most likely in terms of territory."
    "Anything else?"
    "Well, from what I can extrapolate so far its either asking about its position or telling us of it. That is to say, its either asking us if this is our territory, asking for rights to access our territory or telling us this is its territory and that we need to leave. But I can't pin down which one."
    "Well than", the officer turned to his friend. "We shall do what it always done when uncertain. Stall."

A few minutes later the ships antennae lit up transmitting a message to the stars. The text, coded both in standard communications patens as well as extrapolations of the alien ships own content spoke more or less the fallowing:
    "Unknown hyperlumenal craft. You are currently located within the external security parameter of the Centaury Empire. You are to cease all motion and state your purpose for being here. Failure to comply will be observed as an act of aggression and responded to accordingly."

((I am strapped for time as you can see. Life is not giving me much freedom here.))
    ((* If you recall, the 4th Fleet is one of the elite fleets of the empire and the personal fleet of Admiral Zoran. They are possibly the most elite formation in the RCF.))
    ((Hyperlumenal craft: Spacecraft capable of high speed, inter stellar FTL))

((Also, I want to dance around this a bit. I had this idea for a while and I really want to see where it takes us. Also, further posts will be shorter in terms of content for obvious reasons. But I will try and keep the character interaction alive.))
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

-snip-
    The Seer had disembarked from the ship with record speed, eager to see the aliens with his own eyes. He barked orders and commands as he walked down the corridor, orders to adapt the local atmosphere to one more suitable for their guests. He reached into his pocket and took out his own Atmos, a small gas exchanging device that was already keyed to his own specifications. As he carefully tested the mask, he motioned for others to do the same. Finorlan was accompanied by two members of his Seers Guard, elite Kain bodyguards entrusted to his service. The armour they wore was light and more formal, the Seer had insisted on nothing more. At their waist they each had a pair of ceremonial blades, unique to every member of the Guard.

''Are we ready?'' Finorlan adjusted his Atmos slightly to better carry the sound of his voice, as well as the settings on his personal translation feed, being transmitted to a small lens in his eye.

The Guard answered with a curt nod, and the airlock began to open...
    BonzaiBannana: A giant loophole to pubic safety

Page 592 of 614 FirstFirst ... 92492542582590591592593594602 ... LastLast