Page 595 of 614 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 6132

Thread: Space empires – The great unknown

(( I couldn't resist party time ))

**Outside COS Space**
    - Imperium Expeditionary Fleet - * Task Force Black Saber *
    - Leviathan Class Battle Ship * The Emerald claw *

The Unending Imperium search for the fragments of the dark Eldar that still followed Eldrad beyond the Outer Rim in unknown Space continued. The Shade Fleets of the Imperium Navy hunted for the dark rangers and their safe havens across the galaxy still. The Emperor's Eternal Crusade was just that, an eternal vigilance against all enemies of the children of Terra the Emperors Sentinels and Shade Agents would scour the galaxy for the remnant. The Great enemies agents would know no peace in any shadow of the galaxy.

Like any other day for the past 3 months the Emerald Claw and her task force swept unknown sectors in the hopes of turning up any signs of the dark eldar or habitable planets. 40 such Task force operated all along the borders of unknown space each a piece of the great demon that was the Shade Fleet. The Black industrial warships where not built to be elegant or pretty on the eyes they where warships and they served the Emperor where the Imperium Legions and Navy Couldn't. Manned by the black Cloaks of the Imperial Intelligence directorate. Between the Sentinel Legion and the Shade Enclave the Shade Fleet was born.

On board the Emerald claw business was as usual, the crew worked in silence as the Sentinels among them looked to Iffilum for guidance. If the Eldar where found their psi powers would be matched by the Sentinel Seers and death dealers detachments on the larger ships. Every crew member wore black no emblems no name tags. From the crew member's of the fleet to the cermite armor of the Terminator and Ravager squads to the Elegant armors of the Sentinel death dealers all wore pure black. They took the black when they joined the shade. They where the emperors shadow, his eyes and ears in the shadows and if need be his knife.

The command crew was at work charting as usual until several techs on the bridge starting calling out unknown warp and propulsion signatures several moments passed as the alarm was sounded and Master Alcion of the Sentinel seers ordered the detachment to jump at the edge of the small conflict now brewing. If they where dark eldar agents they would be butchered like dogs if they where an unknown factor they would measured.

the world flashed black as the 47 Warships in the detachment materialized on the out skirts of the now stalemate. The Emerald claw began to send burst transmissions of all known galactic languages and

" This is Master Alcion off the Emperors Sentinel Legion investigating out break of hostilities in unknown space bordering the outer rim sectors, friendly vessels identify themselves."

The Battle group formed a helix on its materialization the battle group sat on the flank of the entire scene scanning and cataloging the entire incident as it happened in real time. It now seemed four groups sat in a stand off and to Master Alcions surprise none of them resembled anything he had seen before and now he wished he would have stayed out of the incident.
    All this happened as distress signals were sent out to the outer rim and the rest of the Shade Fleets 40 or so detachments.

* Half of the ships are either Leviathan Battle ships or Hive Carriers backed by a line of heavy dreadnaughts, also fighter and gundam wings are being deployed and filling in gaps and flanks. *

**Outside COS Space**
    an ensign shouted "new transwarp anomaly detected! its the anomaly creatures (imperium ships)" Captain Drexe began speaking over the alarmed chatter "send a message to them! explain there was a misunderstanding!"
    he continued changing topic "Where is the armada?! I'd really like some backup in case negotiations go sour" an officer replied "15 minuite transwarp jump from here, Give or take a few minuites"

**back at Smert III**
    Chancellor Amanda was looking over the ususal paperwork on her desk, this time was diffrent however, Invasion orders, new ship requests, all that extra stuff that passes the desk of command during pre-war times. She overlooked the next form and her eyes lit up, High command of the Druubi naval forces wanted clearance to start construction of a 2nd "Armaggedon" class star dreadnaught.
    the dyslexic ork
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    ((If I did not know better, I would say that zman is a professional masquerading as a bad roleplayer.))

((Technically instead of you guys saying *Outside COS space* it should say *Inside Kain space*

Just saying. I'll reply either before or after going to work. Depends how much time I get.))
    BonzaiBannana: A giant loophole to pubic safety

(( out of boredom if no ones post i will attack in every direction just to get a rise or irk people - Your hero Malganus ))

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((I am going to sit all this out. My next post should be finished tomorrow. All it needs is a proof reading.))
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

*Inside Kain space* Captain Drexe

Sensors were screaming all of a sudden as they picked up the main Druubi fleet slowing out of acell roughly 4000 or so ships were present along with the flaghip of the grand druubi armada the Armaggedon Captain Drexe ordered communications to be established with the other forces and the supreme admiral.
    the dyslexic ork
    ((If I did not know better, I would say that zman is a professional masquerading as a bad roleplayer.))

Thorned Warrior

((What has occurred in the last few IC posts is akin to the Nuclear Arms Race. I brought a few warships, intending to begin IC interactions with Bloogle. Zman then proceeded to arrive with his task force. Bloogle brings a small fleet to ensure that he will have control over the situation. Malg brings a larger fleet. Zman brings MORE ships.))

((All I wanted to do was make First Contact with the Kain.))

Quote Originally Posted by zman111 View Post
    *Inside Kain space* Captain Drexe

Sensors were screaming all of a sudden as they picked up the main Druubi fleet slowing out of acell roughly 4000 or so ships were present along with the flaghip of the grand druubi armada the Armaggedon Captain Drexe ordered communications to be established with the other forces and the supreme admiral.
    ((About 10 seconds has passed IC. I am calling bullshit here, I have a reason for not posting immediately and you persistently interrupt and it is pissing me off.))
    BonzaiBannana: A giant loophole to pubic safety

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((Well human. Since you don't seem to understand the concept of lets fade to black I guess its my turn to insert another level of mind screw as a reward.))

Terra, the birth place of man kind. A world surrounded by barriers newer ending as if to shield it from the universe as a whole. And yet, it was a world not devoid of fear or of beauty. The stars could still be seen from the surface and so could its moon. All of the walls put up by the humans could not change that. And somewhere among those stars was the little blue star of Centaury, the mother planet it self and its twin moons.

Watching the sky on this cold lonely night was a most unexpected observer. A stranger on this world, trapped here by her own will. One whose mind and indeed soul did not belong here and who knew this fact all too well. And yet she was here, and here she would remain. For how long she did not know. Looking up at the stars her thoughts veered across the galaxy. They took her to a place she left not too long ago, to her own little planet and its own two moons. And for a brief moment, just an instant it took to draw one small shallow breath she allowed her self to imagine she was there and the moon shining so brightly in the night sky was her own. And that she stood beneath her own and not an alien sky. But such was not the way of things. Not now, not yet.

Ever since that moment when the human touched her mind the princess of Centaury had changed. It was not that she had cased to be what she was. But the experience had shaken her. For as the human poured his knowledge into her something else had crossed over with it, something dangerous. In that brief instant the princess felt what he did and how he did. She felt and understood what he bore within his heart. And she sensed in that brief moment what it meant to be human. The experience was… unnerving. Here emotions were controlled, channeled. A fine melody plaid by an artisan upon a fine tuned string. His were like a thunder storm, a hurricane upon the seas. They trashed and thundered across the waters of his mind shaping his thoughts and decisions like mighty waves of old trashing into the shore. The experience for her was something completely unknown. Her thoughts were but a tool, an instrument she could play to enhance the melody of her deeds. His were the musician, the conductor and the strings. But they were more than this, much more. They were a part of who he was, what he was. They formed him and shaped him just as he formed and shaped them. The two were not two and the line between them was no line. There was only him, it, them. One being so lesser compared to her and yet at the same time so much more. A mind as wild and untamed as that of a beast and yet so open in ways she newer could be. Perhaps it was this that made the humans, this human so special to the warp and it to him. Just as it was what shielded her from it. A blessing perhaps, but also a curse. For he who is free to fly is also free to fall.

And so as the lady stood there, alone in the night, looking at the moon. One question creped deep inside the back corners of her mind. A question she perhaps would newer be able to remove. Had things been different. Had she not been born and raised as she did. Had she not been given training and discipline. Is that what could have become of her as well.

((As you know, my leaders have a well defined ability gained through endless self discipline and meditation to control their bodies and minds. Their thoughts and emotions are their own to command. In a way, they are like the idealized Buddhist monk.))
    ((Here, I am going to explore that a little bit by giving a view from her perspective. A view of a person that perhaps has no soul looking into the mind of one who is the opposite extreme.))

((As for the OCC/IC explanation of what happened.))
    ((When the human did his sending of data my princess also picked up his feelings related to them since the two can hardly go without one another. However as it is he who did all the sending the communication was purely one way. So he got nothing from her (obviously). And even thou he would probably know she picked up his emotions as well he would NOT think it is significant since he is human. And humans just don't make a line to separate the two, no one sane does. Not even sane Centaury. Not that she is exactly average thou.))

((Human, I have a favor to ask. As you can guess, this post is actually setting her up for something. But for the arc to start and work out I need you NOT to disturb it. So read this but don't reply to it without PMing me first lest you derail it. As far as you know, all she did was sit in the window and look at the stars.))

((Once again. Don't reply, don't know it happened and don’t touch. Posts 2 and beyond of this story line will give you more than enough opportunity for it soon enough. Trust me on that... ))
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

((
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloogle View Post
    ((About 10 seconds has passed IC. I am calling bullshit here, I have a reason for not posting immediately and you persistently interrupt and it is pissing me off.))
    If I may point this out

an ensign shouted "new transwarp anomaly detected! its the anomaly creatures (imperium ships)" Captain Drexe began speaking over the alarmed chatter "send a message to them! explain there was a misunderstanding!"
    he continued changing topic "Where is the armada?! I'd really like some backup in case negotiations go sour" an officer replied "15 minuite transwarp jump from here, Give or take a few minuites"

Pay special attention to the bolded text as it explains the arrival of my armada/fleet))
    the dyslexic ork

Page 595 of 614 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605 ... LastLast