Page 599 of 614 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6132

Thread: Space empires The great unknown

(( responses? Ill be overseas doing humanitarian work with doctors without borders soon would like to wrap some things up before i get stuck in the stone age without electricity for a month >.< ))

On the moon, I make it shine because im god

((I'll be in basic for the next two months so I'm not eager to progress anything.))
    Quote Originally Posted by REDSHEILD View Post
    Do not bow to your equal. If you wish to bow to someone, bow to Ramrod (creator of all things awesome)
    Quote Originally Posted by iSmokeiFly View Post
    I like breaking people's happiness.
    All your base are belong to us. You have no chance of survival make your time.

(( I'll be here for the next ∏ months, so please post something. ))

((I've been waiting over 10 months for a post. Man up you guys.))
    BonzaiBannana: A giant loophole to pubic safety

Quote Originally Posted by Bloogle View Post
    ((I've been waiting over 10 months for a post. Man up you guys.))
    In fact, I've spent so long waiting that I just don't care any more, been considering quitting for a while and that realisation sealed it for me. Control of the Kain hands over to the GM, whoever it is at any given time. Control of the Bug go to the GM as well until such a time as supercomputers returns. Control of the Kain treating with the various alien races stranded within my now desolate empire go to the parties involved, over seen by the GM.

Cya guys. It was fun for the 5 months I wasn't waiting.

Addendum: Control of the Kain at the border go to MX, it is his first encounter that is getting de-railed after all.
    BonzaiBannana: A giant loophole to pubic safety

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((I am back. Sorry for being away for so long. I was sick and busy, in that order, and in the same time. Exams + choking on your own ... what ever you call it when you are sick and throwing stuff up... or coughing stuff up... at the same time... not so fun. Hope you newer have to have as much fun as I just did.))
    ((So... aside from BB, does anyone else need me? What's going on? Working on post for him btw...))

Time passed and the crew waited. They waited patiently and in silence for there was indeed nothing else to do or say. Seconds each as long as a decade ticked away one after the other like grains of sand within a forsaken hourglass. And than, finally after much wait a response did come. Sadly or perhaps opportune it was the exact opposite of what they had demanded but quite possibly exactly what they learned to expect. The alien ship was not complying with their demands. It did not decelerate, and it most certainly did not stop. Instead it continued on a line that would take it to the heart of their homeland. This could not be allowed. Tensions rose and voices went silent. Thoughts formed into words only slowly and only with those that felt their duty was to speak now or forever hold their breath. The first to speak out was no other than the first officer, the young girl who fresh from the academy felt that now was finally her moment. "Captain", she said "Shall we prepare a warning shot". The captain said nothing. He just sat there, thinking. For he knew the question she had asked all too well. For it was one that dwelled on all their minds. Suddenly they were interrupted by a voice coming from the communications equipment. Down in the librarium it seemed they had cracked the code.

"Ser", the voice spoke "If we may." The words were simple courtesy, and one that was by the very nature of their point of origin redundant. For it was both known and fact that when it came to matters of a diplomatic nature it was the librarium and not the bridge whose words were held supreme. And yet the words were said. And more so, they were said in a way that had anyone cared to listen to them would have enlightened said individual to quite a many thing. What was it that the intelligence officers knew? What was it that made them feel obliged to honor the captain even when it was beyond protocol to do so? But now was not the time for such thoughts. And indeed no one gave thought to them. They all were focused on what was said next. "Captain" the words began. "We know that the alien craft has continued it's course as before. We also know that the message it transmitted back to us is an almost exact copy of our own. From these actions," he paused there "we might surmise it poses a threat to us. But this is not necessarily so. There exists a distinct possibility that it merely failed to understand our message at all and is now repeating it back to us like a child would" Suddenly all thoughts stopped. No one, not anyone on the bridge had thought about this. And unlike Gnt not everyone had a plausible justification for this lapse. Slowly, the captain understood the implications of this. And than he replied: "What do you suggest we do?" The methodical voice on the other side of the speakers simply responded: "Leave that to us. But we will need the shields, and the weapons."

"You heard them", the captain's voice rang out on the bridge. Get ready to execute what ever order they transmit as it comes. Let's not start a war here. Moments later, the shields weapons were engaged its protective wards flickered to life, it's engines cut out and its communication systems transmitted a long burst of data.

The message sent out was not a text but a stream of pictures. Pictographs representing the concepts in a way that even a cave man could understand. In terms of communication in space, it was pretty much the equivalent of sticking stakes in the ground and shouting keep out, only simpler and more absolute.

The first image was simple. A silhouette of the small destroyer colored dark gray just enough to stand out from the blackness of space that surrounded it. Around it was a circle in bright blue representing the shield. And touching the circle a single word, border.

The next image showed a bigger circle, equally gray and with an equally blue outline. Upon the outline was once again etched border, and within its center a new word Centaury.

Than came the third image. A bit more complex than the two it showed the pair of objects, Centaury and the ship together. One stood inside the other, as is proper and was happening right now.

Finally the same image was repeated but with a new element. The alien ship. It stood within the blue circle, its shape in bright red and with exclamation marks in front of it. Behind it was a fire, representing a crude exhaust perhaps, or the act of motion and an arrow as red as the blood of the slain pointing to a place outside the circle.

The message they hoped was clear. Keep away.
    Last edited by Purple; 19.04.2012 at 16:48. Reason: Done with post for BB... Vodka + being healthy works...
    Purple Qwrq

THE FOUNDER OF THE ELITE ORDER OF THE NON SPAMING NATARIAN KNIGHTS.
    I am have returned! 100% Active, 100% inspired! Read The Mod comic -
    Weekly Updates

**deep space very near bonzibananna's empire**
    A large trash can sized and shaped drone hurtled through space It was launched from a scouting carrier group a few weeks ago and was almost out of fuel. When that happened the drone would send a signal, the scout fleet would move to the drone's position fuel it up and send it off again. the goal of the drone was to find intelligent life, present our language to it and call the scout group in to establish contact.

**unclaimed territory**

The Druubi flagship slowed out of Acell and took the position they said they would. A single massive lone ship made for a tantalizing target but no one attacked. There it would stay for about a week before the grand admiral kicked off his plans.
    (or until whenever malg responds, I can wait till he gets back from the armpit of no-where)
    the dyslexic ork
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    ((If I did not know better, I would say that zman is a professional masquerading as a bad roleplayer.))

In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

((So you tracked all the way across by red's borders, by my borders and around us up to BB in hopes of meeting someone? I intend to ignore the signal unless it enters my territory. But he should be happy for the attention he is getting.))
    ((Although I do like the whole refueling probe approach. I have some interesting thoughts on that...))
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

(( Given the nature of FTL coupled with the likely randomised motion of the probe and the vast emptiness of space, I posit he could move through without being noticed, as long as large operations (e.g. the refueling) never occurred within scanned space; it's not too much of a stretch. ))

Quote Originally Posted by BonzaiBannana View Post
    (( Given the nature of FTL coupled with the likely randomised motion of the probe and the vast emptiness of space, I posit he could move through without being noticed, as long as large operations (e.g. the refueling) never occurred within scanned space; it's not too much of a stretch. ))
    ((But he seems to be moving toward your space, either skirting the border or going into it.))
    ((So eventually it will occur within some watched area. Although I admittedly have no clue how you set up your watching systems and border defenses. Although I am relatively certain it's not as insanely dense as I have.))
    Purple Qwrq

Weekly Updates

Page 599 of 614 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609 ... LastLast